[PyQt] possible regression

Sebastian Elsner sebastianelsner at freenet.de
Mon Jul 9 16:28:31 BST 2012

Hello,

I am updating some code to use PyQt-Py2.6-x86-gpl-4.9.4-1.exe. I have
previously used PyQt-Py2.6-x86-gpl-4.8.6-1.exe. With the code attached I
get a runtime error in 4.9.4 I did not get in the 4.8.6.

Please execute the attached py file and click the open button in the
window appearing. This opens a dialog. Close the dialog and click the
signal button. Here I am getting an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "pyqt_runtimeerror.py", line 50, in check
     print "test checked", self.isChecked()
   File "pyqt_runtimeerror.py", line 28, in isChecked
     return self.checkBox.isChecked()
RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of %S has been deleted

To get rid of the problem I can comment line 8 (self.dialog = parent).
Is this something I should fix in my app and was the 4.8.6 behaviour
unintened or is this a bug?

Cheers

Sebastian