[PyQt] Sqlite3 'database is locked' errors

Brian Zambrano brianz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 07:24:10 GMT 2012

In my application I have a Sqlite db which at times needs an updated
schema.  To work around some issues on Windows, I need to do "drop table"
for each table.  However, I'm continuously getting:

"database is locked Unable to fetch row"

after each "DROP table table_name" statement.  There are no other queries
I'm running or uncommitted transactions.  Can some of my QSql* widgets be
holding on to locks which prevent the tables from being dropped?

BZ