[PyQt] Building PyQT windows 7 64 bit QT 4.8.0

calin.hanchevici at gmail.com calin.hanchevici at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 21:14:01 GMT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to build PyQt-win-gpl-4.9 on Windows 7 professional 64 bit. I
have QT 4.8.0 and Python2.7 and 3.2
I have downloaded and built sip-4.13.1.

With both versions of python I get the following error:
Generating the C++ source for the QtNetwork module...
sip: __or__() unsupported function return type - provide %MethodCode and a
C++ signature
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

I downloaded and extracted the files in the installer, and compared the sip
files for QTNetwork. The files in the source are the same with the ones in
PyQt-Py2.7-x64-gpl-4.9-1.exe

Any help is appreciated.

thank you,
Teodor