[PyQt] Problem on insert rows when using QTreeView with QSortFilterProxyModel

Gabriel Reis gabrielcnr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 13:33:01 GMT 2012

Oops!
Sorry, I forgot completely about that piece of code.
The TreeModel class code is found below:

class TreeModel(QAbstractItemModel):

    def columnCount(self, parent):
        if parent.isValid():
            return parent.internalPointer().columnCount()
        else:
            return self.rootItem.columnCount()

    def get_item(self, index):
        if not index.isValid():
            return None
        item = index.internalPointer()
        return item

    def data(self, index, role=Qt.DisplayRole):
        if not index.isValid():
            return None
        if role != Qt.DisplayRole:
            return None
        item = index.internalPointer()
        data = item.data(index.column())
        return data

    def flags(self, index):
        if not index.isValid():
            return Qt.NoItemFlags
        return Qt.ItemIsEnabled | Qt.ItemIsSelectable

    def headerData(self, section, orientation, role):
        if orientation == Qt.Horizontal and role == Qt.DisplayRole:
            return self.rootItem.data(section)
        return None

    def index(self, row, column, parent):
        if not self.hasIndex(row, column, parent):
            return QModelIndex()
        if not parent.isValid():
            parentItem = self.rootItem
        else:
            parentItem = parent.internalPointer()
        childItem = parentItem.child(row)
        if childItem:
            return self.createIndex(row, column, childItem)
        else:
            return QModelIndex()

    def parent(self, index):
        if not index.isValid():
            return QModelIndex()
        childItem = index.internalPointer()
        parentItem = childItem.parent()
        if parentItem == self.rootItem:
            return QModelIndex()
        return self.createIndex(parentItem.row(), 0, parentItem)

    def rowCount(self, parent):
        if parent.column() > 0:
            return 0
        if not parent.isValid():