[PyQt] spreadsheet example

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Tue Feb 21 09:39:22 GMT 2012

Am Monday 20 February 2012 19:30:06 schrieb Phil Thompson:
> On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:20:32 +0100, "Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj at urpla.net>
>
> wrote:
> > Am Sunday 19 February 2012 12:47:28 schrieb Phil Thompson:
> >> On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 01:36:14 +0100, "Hans-Peter Jansen"
> >> <hpj at urpla.net>

> >> I removed the workaround as (for me) it doesn't seem to be needed and
> >> also it breaks the background of the first and last rows.
> >
> > Not here. Does the background color dialog show the correct color for
> > you in all fields? Here, it's showing black by default, while I use
> > some very different background color.
>
> It shows black for white fields, and the correct colour for others. This
> is the same as the C++ version - this is on a Mac. I was more concerned
> about the incorrect first and last rows.

Yes, the C++ version suffers from the same problem. The idea was: only the
initial background color was wrong (all zero), but after setting some valid
color, the cell background color behaved well. Since it fails for you, and
this is just an example, keeping it bug compatible is preferable. A real
application would initialize such properties explicitely via proper
interfaces.

Have a nice day,
Pete