[PyQt] QDockWidget issue in Linux, but not Windows, OSX

JPolk jpolk5001 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 20:37:55 GMT 2012

Thanks for your help, Pete

While your example does indeed fix the problem that my example code showed,
unfortunately, when plugging it in to the real program, the problem
persists.

However, I have been able to reproduce this bug using just Designer.

On Windows here,...run Designer
    Create a MainWindow (default one do)
    Drop in a QFrame and pull it to just shy of MainWindow
    Drop in a QDockWidget
    Select dockWidget
    Cut
    Select QFrame
    Paste
and then "run it" doing a  Form->Preview, ...clicked "undock" button,
behaviour is Normal

Did the same thing on Linux,
but when I click the "undock" button, the button is stuck at top, just like
our problem.
Can anyone else confirm this on Linux ?

So that's definitely gotta be a Qt bug, right?

Any advice about how to fix ?

Thanks!