[PyQt] QDockWidget issue in Linux, but not Windows, OSX

JPolk jpolk5001 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 21:10:18 GMT 2012

I have a really weird phenomena here, and am hoping somebody can shed some
light on this...

Before posting code, thought I would briefly describe,...

Using a treeWidget, expanding an item presents us a tableWidget whose parent
is a tabWidget,
whose parent in turn is a dockWidget,...

dockWidget

     tabWidget

           tableWidget

In Windows and OSX, undocking the dockWidget, results in normal behaviour,
It is moveable, closeable, and floatable.

However, in Centos5.6 Linux, when doing same, the dockWidget un-docks
normally,
and shows correct data, but it is *un-moveable*  (This is same code as from
Win,OSX)
It is *hard* docked to top of OS window manager, but I can see the titleBar
of the dockWidget.

Using Alt-F7->Move, the dockWidget window can be moved, and now acts
normally.

I searched documentation and the internets, but can't resolve...

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thanks!
Jim