[PyQt] newbie installing under OpenBSD

Alan Corey alan01346 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 15:52:40 GMT 2012

 > You might find that you need to pass the -q option to the configure.py
> script with the path to the qmake executable on your system. Perhaps that
> will help to locate the header files.
>
> David

That didn't help at least by itself, but I need to look into all the
precautions for having multiple QT versions on the same machine and
set QTDIR.  I didn't install 2 versions, they were just dependencies
of packages I've got installed, so they got installed automatically.
I've got
qt3-mt-3.8p5        C++ X11 GUI toolkit
qt4-4.7.3p0         C++ X11 GUI toolkit

I'm starting with this FAQ:
http://doc.qt.digia.com/3.1/commonproblems.html#diffver

I don't know if it's more of a Python problem or a QT problem, but
things in QT3 keep popping up and I should be using 4.

I'm a great one for asking dumb questions, because I only have a
dial-up connection, and I can only use that a few hours a day, which
severely limits the amount of research I can do before I resort to
asking.

  Alan