[PyQt] easy_install for PyQt

Evade Flow evadeflow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:33:54 BST 2012

I would recommending using cx_Freeze to make a binary installer for your
app (http://cx-freeze.sourceforge.net/).  It's at least do-able that
way.  I've never had any luck trying to get users to install the entire
PyQt stack themselves on Windows.

Another option might be to provide three links, like these:

1. http://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.2.3/python-3.2.3.msi
2. http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Downloads/PyQt4/PyQt-Py3.2-x86-gpl-4.9.4-1.exe
3. <URL to download your app>

But this gets tricky if you're using a lot (or *any*) non-standard
Python modules. By packaging your own installer, you can ensure that
it contains everything needed, all in one place...

Good luck! :-)