[PyQt] Phonon RTSP Video with python

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Fri Sep 30 08:56:46 BST 2011

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:09:53 -0700, emmanuel_mayssat at lynceantech.com
wrote:
> When I look at qtdemo, I see that there is a Qt version of Phonon that
can
> read rtsp streams.
> I look at the code and it is C++.
>
> 1/ Is there a qtdemo code for python?
> 2/ Are qtdemo program also executable with python.
> (i.e how long does it take for the pyqt libraries to be updated once the
> C++ QT lib have been?)
> 3/ If you have some code with RTSP video using python ... let me know!
>
> Note: at this point I am not interested in gstreamer/vlc over Qt.

qtdemo is just a an application that runs the different demo applications.
PyQt includes a Python port of the C++ qtdemo that comes with Qt. The
Python qtdemo runs the different Python examples that come with PyQt. Most,
but not all, of the C++ examples have been ported to Python.

The ability to read rtsp streams has nothing to do with qtdemo or PyQt. If
there is a C++ example that handles rtsp then it should be straightforward
to port it to Python.