[PyQt] SIP/PyQt ABI breakages

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Tue Nov 22 10:22:55 GMT 2011

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:06:01 -0600, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>
wrote:
> Phil Thompson wrote:
>
>> No, the bug reports mentioned related to the PyQt internal version
which
>> is a different thing.
>
> So, is there any way to track PyQt4 abi or are there any assurances it
> doesn't break in minor PyQt releases?
>
> (or is the point to make here that the answer is no?)

No such assurances I'm afraid. I will try and remember to mention it in
the NEWS file - otherwise use the source.

I don't know what testing distros do when updating a package - just test
dependencies can still be built (which wouldn't pick up this change) or
actually trying to import a dependent module (which would).