[PyQt] Errors while rendering to multiple QGLWidgets in a multi-threaded app

Michael Broxton broxton at stanford.edu
Sun Nov 6 00:57:04 GMT 2011

Hi again,

I wanted to send another quick request for help in case any PyQt devs or users can help me with the QGLWidget multi-threaded rendering bug I posted about below... I've done a little more testing this week and found that this issue occurs on Linux as well, so the problem does appear to be truly cross-platform (confirmed on Mac/Win/Linux).  Once again, I have a C++ implementation of the test program in pure Qt that does not crash when rendering multiple QGLWidgets from multiple threads, so I don't think that my approach is fundamentally flawed.  However, the PyQt test program (https://gist.github.com/1318290) does crash shortly after multiple render threads are up and running.  Any clues as to why this is happening in PyQt but not pure Qt would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

	-Michael