[PyQt] PyQt and DBus in Python 3

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 2 22:02:39 GMT 2011

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 09:45:57PM +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > Are there any plans for adding PyQt bindings to the QtDBus module?  Or
> > another expected way to get DBus support in PyQt with Python 3?
>
> Something will be done - not sure what yet. What are your timescales?

Thanks for your quick response :)

Nothing immediate, our hope of switching to Python 3 for our April
2012 release won't happen because of a number of issues.  However we'd
like to start porting Ubuntu's various GUI applications to Python 3 and an
incomplete PyQt for Python 3 will prevent us from starting on that.

Jonathan