[PyQt] pyqt vs pyside for desktop & Android development

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Nov 1 08:26:31 GMT 2011

Hello!

We're starting with Python & Qt and plan to write multi-platform desktop app
using Python+Qt technology.

Moreover, we'd like to write 'lite' app for Android and wonder whether there is
any support in PyQt for doing Python+Qt for this mobile OS?

We've found this link http://thp.io/2011/pyside-android/ which is based on
Pyside...

Let me add that we would like to start with Python-3.

Which bindings could you recommend to learn (we bought PyQt book) to develop
for *both* desktop and mobile OS?

License is, we believe, not the issue since we plan to use 3-rd party C-lib
which is GPL2+ licensed.

Sincerely,
Gour

p.s. It looks that there is misleading info on Gmane page about this list
stating 'posting allowed', although it is not if one is not subscribed to the
list.

--
As a strong wind sweeps away a boat on the water,
even one of the roaming senses on which the mind