[PyQt] win32gui.SetParent method with pyqt

Matteo Boscolo matteo.boscolo at boscolini.eu
Tue May 3 11:29:16 BST 2011

Hi All,
I got a win mfc application and I have extended it win win32com using
the pyqt as windows manager..

all work well but the two windows (pyqt diaolog and mfc application )
are in the some level but I need that the pyqt dialog is modal to the
mfc application ..
I use this function to set the parent .

   def setParentTD(self,objectDialog):
         try:
             main_app = 'thinkdesign'
             calc_hwnd = win32gui.FindWindow(None, main_app)
             print "calc_hwnd ",str(calc_hwnd )
             print "self.winId ",objectDialog.winId()
             win32gui.SetParent(objectDialog.winId(),calc_hwnd)
         except:
             print "error on set parent"
where objectDialog is the pyqt dialog ...

in this way the pyqt dialog disappear ..

any idea how to do such a think ..??

regards,
Matteo