[PyQt] Qt Exception Translation in Signal Handlers

Aron Bierbaum aronbierbaum at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 02:04:17 GMT 2011

I have attached a sample test suite that shows an issue that we are running
into. The basic issue is that if an exception is raised in a method that is
connected to a Qt signal, the exception is only printed. I know that
translating the exception from Python to C++ and then back into Python is
difficult. But as the example shows the test suite can ignore real test
failures. Is there some way that PyQt could be changed to at least translate
the exception type that can pass through C++ and back into Python?

Thanks,
Aron