[PyQt] ANN: dip v0.3 Released

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Mon Jun 13 19:17:56 BST 2011

On Monday 13 June 2011, 10:12:03 Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 20:06:45 +0200, Wolfgang Keller <feliphil at gmx.net>
>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >> It also includes the ability to bind GUIs created using traditional
> >> means (ie. standard PyQt calls or Qt Designer) to models so that
> >> those models are automatically updated by the GUI and vice versa.
> >
> > Would dip be suitable (i.e. make it easier than "naked" PyQt) to put a
> > GUI onto a bunch of SQlAlchemy objects?
>
> Having thought about this a bit more...
>
> No, but it's an interesting idea and may not be too difficult to do. I'll
> think about it a bit more...

As an aside, SQLAlchemy is the most advanced and therefore popular SQL ORM
in the python world today. It would raise the "out of box" value of dip
greatly.

I could imagine, that there's a need for a SQLAlchemy PyQt integration
module (QSql replacement) as a glue layer in between.

Lots of hand waving, I know.

Pete