[PyQt] modeless dialog - repeated windows

Susana Sanchez Exposito sse at iaa.es
Mon Jul 25 12:20:17 BST 2011

Hello all,

I am working on an application where I used a modeless dialog.  Since it is
a modeless dialog, after opening this modeless dialog the user  can go to
the main window and select again the option that opens a window of the same
modeless dialog.

I would like if the user  selects the option to open the modeless dialog and
this dialog is opened yet, this dialog would be focused instead of opening
another window of the same modeless dialog.

I don't know if this is possible or not. Maybe there is a way to catch the
identification of the window and, before to re-open it, look if it is opened
yet, but I don't have any idea how to do this. Any clues?

Thanks,

Susana.