[PyQt] Embedded PyQt send signal to Qt

zhang jian zhangmdev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 21:26:52 BST 2011

Hi,

I have a question about embedded PyQt inside a Qt (C++) app. For now I have
an app totally written in PyQt, then I want to embed it inside a Qt app
written in C++. I have no problem putting PyQt ui stuff inside a Qt Widget.
I can call stuff in PyQt from Qt using PyObject_CallMethod(), but I don't
know how to send signal from PyQt to Qt. I already have the PyObject* of the
PyQt widget when I create the instance by PyObject_CallObject(). I try to
connect((QObject*)some_instance, SIGNAL("some_signal"), this,
SLOT(some_slot)), but no luck. I'd like to know if that is possible to
connect a signal in PyQt to a slot in Qt? If it is, how?

Thanks,

zhang