[PyQt] A dire warning message

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Fri Jul 8 11:28:03 BST 2011

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 07:22:04 PM Raoul Snyman wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 19:00:52 +1000, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> > I think it is time to give it rest, unless someone can suggest antother
> > lead.
> > The fun of it begins to feel like bashing one's head against a wall.
> > After all I can live with the "dire warning" message.
>
> I don't know why this thread has carried on so long. It has nothing to do
> with PyQt4, and everything to do with KDE 4 - *all* of my KDE apps issue
> that warning. Have you seen the number of warnings Kate spawns?
>
> In addition to that, it's a warning, not an error. Warnings are
> non-crucial errors which will not affect how an application runs.
Thanks for the encouragement!
> Developers should strive to have code that issues no warnings, but as
> end-users we should not worry about warnings.

In a sense, anyone writing a program is a "developer".  OSS is development.
And you just pointed out that we (the hackers) should worry about the warning
messages.

The length of the thread? Well, there is a bunch of helpful, nice people here,
who are willing to help.  Enjoy their company!

Thanks for adding a brick to lengthen the thread!

OldAl.