[PyQt] A dire warning message

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Fri Jul 8 10:00:52 BST 2011

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 06:18:53 PM Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> On Friday 08 July 2011, 08:07:16 Algis Kabaila wrote:
> > > you would need to reboot for it to have an effect, as the plugin
> > > would still be loaded in memory.
> > >
> > > in any case, it's not a real solution to your problem - just a
> > > possible workaround if you don't want/need the functionality the
> > > plugin provides.
> > >
> > > really, i can't understand why kde chose to force this plugin on
> > > users. i appreciate that many people want unified dialogs and so
> > > forth, but it's pretty rude not to give users the option to disable
> > > something which affects non-kde applications.
> >
> > Baz,
> >
> > Good point!
> >
> > After deleting the plugin and a reboot:
> > ak at supremo:~/save$ ls -la /usr/lib/kde4/plugins/gui_platform/
> > total 8
> > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2011-07-08 15:02 .
> > drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4096 2011-04-27 21:15 ..
> > ak at supremo:~/save$
> > ak at supremo:~/save$ python3 save.py
> > KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with
> > a valid main component instead of a fake component, this usually
> > means you tried to call i18n related functions before your main
> > component was created. You should not do that since it most likely
> > will not work
> > ak at supremo:~/save$
>
> Since you're working on an "adult" system, there's probably a 64bit
> version of that darn thing hanging around somewhere..
>
> Pete

In view of the lines below, it would not seem so, unless it has a different
name.

ak at supremo:/usr$ sudo find ./ libkde.so | grep libkde.so
find: `libkde.so': No such file or directory
ak at supremo:/usr$

I think it is time to give it rest, unless someone can suggest antother lead.
The fun of it begins to feel like bashing one's head against a wall.  After
all I can live with the "dire warning" message.

Thanks for the suggestion, Pete.  I also looked for kdelibs4.  Seems like I
have three languages there - aus English, English, Lithuanian.  I don't want
to mess it up, as I do not know what I am doing.

Al.