[PyQt] PyQt v4.8.3 won't build with Python v3

Xavion xavion.0 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 22:05:09 GMT 2011

Hi Phil

The Arch Linux developer who's responsible for maintaining the SIP and PyQt
packages has informed me that PyQt v4.8.3 won't build on his machine with
SIP v4.12.1 and Python v3.1.3.

I'm trying to update python-qt to 4.8.3, but build fails with:
> Generating the C++ source for the QtDeclarative module...
> sip: QWizardPage::registerField() has overloaded functions with the same
> Python signature
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.
>
> Python2-qt built fine. Some idea?

I can confirm that the problem also exists here.  I see that you've been
working on "QWizardPage.registerField()" lately.  Are we missing something
or is this a bug that'll be fixed by you soon?