[PyQt] PyQt designer plugin on Mac

Brian Eastwood bseastwo at colby.edu
Mon Jan 17 16:22:26 GMT 2011

Hi All,

I've been using PyQt for about a year now, and just started running into a
problem with the PyQt designer plugin in Mac OS 10.5 which prevents any
python plugins to load.  After a fresh install of everything (versions
below), I run Qt Designer, pull up the About Plugins dialog, and get the
following message for libpythonplugin.dylib under Failed Plugins:

Cannot load library
/Developer/Applications/Qt/plugins/designer/libpythonplugin.dylib:
(dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/QtDBus.framework/QtDBus_debug, 277): image not
found)

If I close and relaunch Designer, the error message changes to:

The file '/Developer/Applications/Qt/plugins/designer/libpythonplugin.dylib'
is not a valid Qt plugin.

The versions I'm running:

Mac OS X 10.5.8, Leopard
Python 2.6.6, from Python.org
Qt SDK 4.7.0 (2010.05) with Qt 4.7.1
SIP 4.12
PyQt 4.8.2

Has anyone else seen this issue?  Have I set up something incorrectly?

Thank you in advance,
Brian