[PyQt] Fwd: VendorId issue

Ulrich Berning ulrich.berning at denviso.de
Wed Jan 12 18:23:26 GMT 2011

It is definitely a problem of the tables package in combination with MinGW.
I guess, you are using compiled binary packages.

With the following combination of packages, I can reproduce your problem:

python-2.6.6.msi
numpy-1.5.1-win32-superpack-python2.6.exe
numexpr-1.4.1.win32-py2.6.exe
tables-2.2.1.win32-py2.6.exe
PyQt-Py2.6-x86-gpl-4.8.2-1.exe

---

The following combination works as expected:

python-2.6.6.msi
numpy-1.3.0-win32-superpack-python2.6.exe
tables-2.1.2.win32-py2.6.exe
PyQt-Py2.6-x86-gpl-4.8.2-1.exe

---

Try to build the tables package from source.
If you only need 32 bit executables, you should give the free Microsoft
Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition a try.

With Visual C++ 2008, it runs without problems (using tables-2.2.1).

Ulli