[PyQt] PyQt app inside Softimage XSI

Guy Dubost gdubost at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 16:07:06 GMT 2011

Hi ,

I make some tests to run PyQt within Softimage (3D app) but the question
could be for any app Python-able

I can create a Qt window and call func from XSI  API
but what I cannot do is get the window more linked to SoftImage, that means:
- Qt window as a child of XSI (I could minimize both windows together)
- Linked XSI events to drive Qt func

So my question is
Is there a way to pass a Window handle (the one of XSI) to a QT widget like
the AssociateHandle from WxPython Framework.
There is one to retrieve the ->WinId() but I dont see anything to set the ID
or associate a parent (reparent() maybe) that is not a QWidget (Sotimage is
not a Qwidget)

Any advice or experience would be appreciated .

Guy