[PyQt] Looking for list of errata for Summerfield's book on PyQt

Richard D. Moores rdmoores at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:40:31 GMT 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 09:11, Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj at urpla.net> wrote:
> On Friday 18 February 2011, 14:00:29 Richard D. Moores wrote:
>> Thanks, Andres and christophe, I found the errata.
>>
>> BTW I'm new here.
>
> Hello. Arriving here is always a sign of good taste ;-)

Or good luck?

>> Is this list bottom posting or top posting?
>
> Most users, that use sane tools get this right, but we don't punish the
> others. Due to this lists topic, mobile readers will only be a very
> small subset (where top posting has a [less questionable] value).

So bottom posting. Good.

> BTW, I tend to prefer reply to list only, since this list is easily
> manageable volumewise.

Hm. I'm used to the Tutor list (tutor at python.org), where even if you
reply to several subscribers AND the list, everyone receives only one
copy. So that's not the case here?

>> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 04:33, Andres Reyes <armonge at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Look in http://www.qtrac.eu/pyqtbook-errata.html

> Again, good choice. I'm sure, you will enjoy reading it. Marks books
> raised my reference level for technical writings.

I've been learning Python 3 with his _Programming in Python 3_ (2nd
ed.) for some time now. The book also makes for a good reference, with
all those perfectly designed tables. For example, the 3-page table of
string methods on pp. 73-75.

> OTOH, that resulted
> in forcing me to bear up more pain on reading much less qualified
> material..

Ha!

Dick