[PyQt] QWebView createWindow() and authentication

alanm me at alandmoore.com
Thu Feb 17 21:08:11 GMT 2011

I have an application that accesses password-protected web pages using
QWebView.  The pages use apache authentication, and I authenticate the user by
prompting for login & password and storing those values in the MainWindow
object and adding them to the URL before loading it.

I have added support for popup windows by reimplementing createWindow in the
webview, but the problem is that the authentication data is lost when the new
window appears.

How do I tell createWindow to pass along things like authentication data to
the created window?  Is there a way to access the URL that is to be loaded
into the created window?