[PyQt] Updating background windows

Ian hobson42 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 17:12:26 GMT 2011

Hi all,

I have a GUI with multiple windows.  Frequently I have a list window and
a detail window open at the same time.  When data is saved from the
detail window, then data in the list window changes. There is a
broadcast mechanism that results in the list window reloading its data.

When it was single threaded the list window updated on screen, and the
change was visible so long as the window was not covered.

Now that I have added multi-threading, this does not happen. The data is
changed but the screen is not updated until I click into the window.

A signal is emitted to call repaint yet the screen is not updated.  I
have tried show, repaint and update - all to no avail.

How can I get the screen re-drawn?

Thanks

Ian