[PyQt] BUG: sip instance attribute error: Re: [eric4] python qscintilla traceback with current snapshot also

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Feb 6 15:10:31 GMT 2011

On Sunday 06 February 2011, 15:49:19 Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> On Sonntag, 6. Februar 2011, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > Dear Erik,
> >
> > On Sunday 06 February 2011, 05:19:54 erik at eebrown.com wrote:
> > > Mr. Jansen,
> > >
> > >   I noticed your messages on this subject, and wonder if you
> > > found a resolution to this problem?
> >
> > I was able to track the issue down to this, and this message
> > contains a temporary workaround to eric:
> >
> > http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2011-February/0291
> >63.html
> >
> > Hopefully, you're able to apply the diff, it's around line 1261.
> > With it, you're able to use eric again.
>
> The latest eric4 release (as of today) does contain this "fix".

Detlev, I beg to differ. While I understand your intention, this will only cover a much deeper fundamental problem, that appears to bite people rarely. But if it bites, it's a real PITA, hence I vote for quickly removing it again, soon.

I stumbled across another package at least, that suffers from it, but spreading such mishaps just contributes to the "voodoo programming" pattern, that I can't stand..

Much more important, did it happened for you, too?

Pete