[PyQt] updating from python variables

Achim Kisseler ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Feb 5 17:18:12 GMT 2011

Hi everyone,

I am building an app, where many variables depend on each other. Like
a=5, b=10, c=(a+b)/5 or "when selected something, a becomes a+=1" and so on.

This is very easy eg. with an libreoffice calc sheet, but with pyqt..?
There are to many variables to keep it handy. And I need to keep the
values in the gui up to date.

Is there an method to bind labels, spin-boxes and so on to variables,
that, when one changes, the other does? Like a 'global update' or
'signal to all dependent slots'.

I found something, that looked right at the first look, but I dont quite
understand it:
http://diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/Binding%20widget%20properties%20to%20Python%20variables.
Further, it wouldnt help me to update all dependent slots, does it?

Hope, someone has an idea,
thanks in advance,
achim