[PyQt] QMacPasteboardMime

Hugo Mallinson hugo.mallinson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 16:24:43 GMT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to write a cross-platform app with drag and drop. On the mac side, I'm trying to catch dropped objects with custom UTIs which don't map to MIME types. The docs say this conversion is handled by QMacPasteboardMime, and that by subclassing it I can write my own conversion routines. There's an example for doing this in C++ here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1804728/how-to-receive-drag-and-drop-from-apple-address-book-in-qt-4-4-on-mac-os-x-10-5 . This class doesn't seem to appear in PyQt, however (I'm using 4.8.6 on a mac with python 2.7), e.g. if I do "from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui" then I can't use either QtCore.QMacPasteboardMime or QtGui.QMacPasteboardMime. The only documentation I can find for the class is in the PyQt 4.7 docs; in the current docs the link is dead (http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Docs/PyQt4/html/qmacpasteboardmime.html).

Is there some way to access this class?

Thanks!

Hugo