[PyQt] Internationalisation

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Mon Dec 12 16:50:25 GMT 2011

Hi - are most people using gettext or Qt for their internationalisation?

I played with pylupdate, but it doesn't always find the strings. For
instance I can't do something like

def mytr(text):
  return QApplication.translate("myclass", text)

class myclass:
 def __init__(self):
   foo = mytr("hello")

I wonder whether it is worth making a simple Python-based version of
pylupdate. It could use the ast module to get a tree of the python code to
find calls to translation functions. The user could mark their translation
function with something in the docstring for the parser to interpret.

Jeremy

--
http://www.jeremysanders.net/