[PyQt] How can I use SQLCipher in PyQt?

chinakr chinakr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 07:32:33 BST 2011

I was recently developing a PyQt software in which encrypted SQLite
was necessary. I have built SQLCipher successfully using MinGW, and
then built Qt SQLite driver with SQLCipher integrated successfully
using MinGW.

The result DLL could not be loaded by the PyQt application. The debug
info showed that I should build the driver with MSVC but not MinGW.

When I using MinGW, I follow the guide:
Building QSQLITE driver with AES-256 encryption support (Windows/MinGW)
http://www.qtcentre.org/wiki/index.php?title=Building_QSQLITE_driver_with_AES-256_encryption_support_%28Windows/MinGW%29

But I can't find any guide about building SQLCipher with MS Visual
C++. Further more, I'm not familiar with MS Visual C++.

The problem has annoyed me for several days. Can anyone help me?