[PyQt] Kudos

Eric Frederich eric.frederich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:36:13 BST 2011

Is there a PyQt installer built with Visual Studio?

I am embedding a Python interpreter in a 3rd party application and creating
bindings to that same 3rd party's libraries.  Unless I am mistaken I am
fairly sure that I need both Python and my bindings created using Visual
Studio.  I have tried to use a Python from a binary installer and was unable
to import my bindings as I got DLL import errors.

So, since I have gone down this route I have to manually build anything else
I want available in my Python installation such as PyQT.  Fortunately there
was an installer for Qt built with Visual Studio.

If I don't need to be doing all of this please let me know, but I at least
need to build my own bindings to the 3rd party libraries using Visual
Studio.
On Apr 20, 2011 3:15 AM, "Phil Thompson" <phil at riverbankcomputing.com>