[PyQt] visualizing PDF files in PyQT WIndows

Gelonida G gelonida at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 10:21:19 BST 2011

On 04/17/2011 05:31 PM, Gelonida G wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any recommended way to visualize PDF files with PyQT under Windows?
>

> Thanks in advance for any pointers

Well having received the answer to another question I had already one
possible solution, though it is not optimal.

I could create a QWebview, install a PDF viewer plugin and let it
display the PDF.

There is one issue though.

The plugin will contain its own menus allowing to open other pdf files
or saving the pdf file at another lcoation.

I would like to display / navigate the pdf file, but to disable all
other featers / decorations.

Is there perhaps another way of displaying pdf contetns or is there a
way to configure pdf plugins to be less permissive?