[PyQt] removeItemWidget bug

Peter Morgan pete at daffodil.uk.com
Mon Apr 18 00:34:44 BST 2011

I've experienced a bug which after a few hours found someone else is
experiencing also, and explained in detail

In a Python program I use setItemWidget() to add widgets to columns
of QTreeWidgetItems (eg QPushButton, QComboBox, etc).

When a widget is no longer needed it is removed using removeItemWidget(),
however this action causes the removal of the QTreeWidgetItem itself
instead of just removing the item widget attached by setItemWidget().

Problem goes away if extra references to QTreeWidgetItems are kept
somewhere outside the QTreeWidget instance.

This problem does not occur in a C++ implementation.

Are the pyqt developers aware of this?

Regards

Pete