[PyQt] why do closeEvent and destroyed slot not get called on accepting PyQt4 QDialog?

RuiDC ruidc at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 22:27:04 BST 2011

The question & code are here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5570402/why-do-closeevent-and-destroyed-slot-not-get-called-on-accepting-pyqt4-qdialog

but hopefully someone here can give me an answer on:
1. how to get the closeEvent to fire from accepting (or do I have to do a
self.close()?)
2. how to get the destroyed message to print (or do I have to go through
sip.delete(my_widget)?)
3. why, if I comment out the del my_widget, and uncomment the
my_widget.destroy() I get a:
RuntimeError: underlying C/C++ object has been deleted
on the destroy() without the print!  i.e. how is it that it can be destroyed
but not raise the signal?

Thanks in advance,