[PyQt] Issue installing PyQt4 installer on Win

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Apr 1 17:17:41 BST 2011

Hello,

I tried to install PyQt4 via the installer on an Windows machine as a normal
user. The installation worked fine most of the way. However, it tried to
install the menu for "All users". That failed due to missing permissions and
the install stopped. I don't know what it would do therafter.

When I tried to import a PyQt4 package in Python (from PyQt4 import QtCore) I
got an error message because loading the DLL failed. I had to copy all the
DLLs from ...\PyQt4\bin into ...\PyQt4.

What is going on here? I would expect PyQt4 to installable as a non-priveleged
user as well.

Kind Regards,
Detlev
--