[PyQt] pyuic4 vs uic.loadUI

Juan Manuel Santos vicariousdm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 14:23:35 BST 2010

From: Sebastian Elsner <sebastianelsner at freenet.de>
To: pyqt at riverbankcomputing.com
Date: Tuesday 28 September 2010
>   Hmm interesting topic, I recently had to switch back from ui files to
> py files because I couldnt get py2exe to package the ui files correctly
> (Any help appreciated though)

The same thing happened to me when developing under PyGTK using Glade. I had
to manually copy the glade files inside the dist directory generated by py2exe.
Py2exe does not (can not :) ) track these type of dependencies on the project,
since you are opening a file from inside your code.

Try manually copying the ui files in the same directory structure but under
dist (or whatever directory py2exe creates for you with your .exe in it).

Cheers
Juan Manuel