[PyQt] API 2 and Qt Designer

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Tue Sep 28 11:11:48 BST 2010

On Tuesday 28 September 2010 12:03:25 Phil Thompson wrote:
> > Is it possible to move to API 2 and still keep using Qt Designer?
>
> Yes, because the code generated by pyuic4 works with both Python2
> and Python3.
>
> You have to make sure that you call setapi() before the very first
> PyQt import.

I do that in my code. When I import my modules from outside Qt
Designer they load just fine.

It seems that Qt Designer already imports PyQt before importing my
plugin modules. When I start the designer with the PYQTDESIGNERPATH
environment variable set to my designer plugin directory, I get those
errors.

PS: Please reply to just the list, there is no need to do reply-all,
I'm on the list too. With a reply-all I get your mail twice.

--
Sybren A. Stüvel

sybren at stuvel.eu
http://stuvel.eu/