[PyQt] API 2 and Qt Designer

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Tue Sep 28 10:51:06 BST 2010

Hi folks,

I'd love to migrate my PyQt application to API 2, especially for the
QString class. I'm still using Python 2.x, but I think API 2 feels
much more Pythonic. It also will prepare my application for a future
port to Python 3. However, when I use sip.setapi('QString', 2) my code
seems to become incompatible with Qt Designer. When it tries to load
my custom widget plugin, I get this:

	ValueError: API 'QString' has already been set to version 1

Is it possible to move to API 2 and still keep using Qt Designer?

Cheers,
--
Sybren A. Stüvel

sybren at stuvel.eu