[PyQt] pyqt on portable python?

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sun Sep 26 00:26:27 BST 2010

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 17:49:27 +0800, Grissiom wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Lee Harr <missive at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > However, it looks like I still need a windows system of some
> > sort with python and pyqt installed if I want to build a windows
> > pyinstaller exe for my app.
>
> Yup. I don't know how to compile windows lib in linux. I think if you
> want to get a lib/app for windows, it's better to get a native env to
> compile/run/test it ;)

It would be easier if there was a ready-made set of components you could
deploy with an application. Perhaps Lee could assemble something from
already-existing binaries.

As an aside, there are a couple of pages that talk about cross-compiling Qt:

http://silmor.de/29
http://divided-mind.blogspot.com/2007/09/cross-compiling-qt4win-on-linux.html

I searched for information on cross-compiling Python for Windows, but only
found these:

http://bugs.python.org/issue1597850
http://boodebr.org/main/python/build-windows-extensions

Maybe those links are useful to someone.

David