[PyQt] Skinning the title bar and window border

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Mon Sep 20 23:06:16 BST 2010

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:42:55 +0200, pard wrote:

> Is it possible to skin the title bar and window border in pyqt? I actually
> just require a colour change, e.g. make the title bar, window border black,
> have white text and change the colours of the close, minimize and maximize
> buttons.

This is not possible to do using PyQt on most platforms. This is a window
manager or window system feature. If you really want to restyle the window,
you might be able to make the window frameless

  window.setWindowFlags(Qt.FramelessWindowHint)

and draw your own window decorations. Of course, you will need to handle
the buttons yourself. In situations like these, it's actually easier to
give the window a specialized style than it is to make it look almost
native, with just a few customizations.

David