[PyQt] how to make a simple client/server app using TCP to communicate ?

Strato pyqt at p0w.org
Sat Sep 4 17:33:23 BST 2010

Hi there,

I am searching how I can build a simple client/server application, that
use a TCP port to communicate.

I've searched in the PyQt API but I wasn't able to see some kind of
class that permits me to make my application to bind to a TCP port,
waiting for incoming messages.

My goal is only to send some simple, plain-text messages, no XML or HTTP
or HTML or particular protocol is required for this to work.

I've seen some methods that permits to send some stuff in HTTP but
nothing that is to "receive" HTTP requests.

I suppose I missed something, so can anybody points me in the right
direction ?

Thanks,