[PyQt] PyQt and MPI

John Wiggins jwiggins at enthought.com
Fri Oct 29 17:57:25 BST 2010

I would recommend something based around QProcess or the python builtin
subprocess module. Your GUI would set all the parameters as it does now, and
when you hit the OK button it starts the mpirun command using one of the
previously mentioned APIs.

I suggest doing it this way because MPI doesn't really lend itself to
interactive programs. I suppose it would be possible to block all the slave
nodes with an MPI_recv() and then unblock them with a send on the master
when things are ready but that would probably make your code nightmarishly
complicated.

HTH,
- John