[PyQt] Help with PyQt licensing question

Elias Bachaalany lallousz-pyqt4 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 10:40:53 BST 2010

Hello,

I have the following situation and need some help regarding licensing of
PyQt.

There is a main program (main.exe) that is extensible via plugins.
main.exe does not know about the nature of its plugins.

The plugins are general purpose, they can do many things to change the
behavior of main.exe.

main.exe is closed source.

One plugin could be hosting LUA scripting language.
Another plugin can be not related to scripting.

There is yet another plugin (plgpython.dll) that hosts Python and is
open source (with New BSD License). Since plgpython.dll hosts Python, it
can also host PyQt.

Now my question is: do we need a commercial license of PyQt if we own
main.exe (paid for it) and use the open source / free plgpython.dll
program to run PyQt scripts?

Thanks,
Elias