[PyQt] Performance of QTreeView

Knacktus knacktus at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 9 21:00:11 BST 2010

Hi everyone,

I've got a QTreeView with a custom model. I've set the
setUniformRowHeights property to True:

self.setUniformRowHeights(True)

Now, to expand the tree with a model with 10000 rows and 6 cols calling
the expandAll slot takes about 1 minute! (on a 2.8 GHz Intel 860)
I'm doing some calculations in my underlaying data. But when I iterate
recursivly over the model and print the lines to the shell, it takes a
couple of seconds.

Is that the kind of performance one can expect from pyqt or Qt?
Also, when collapsing all and expanding again, it takes the same amount
of time.
Further, I saw no benefit setting the setUniformRowHeights property to True.

Another hint: My data is deeply nested. Does that come into account?

Thanks,

Jan