[PyQt] selectionChanged or currentChanged in QTreeView

danny shevitz at lanl.gov
Thu Oct 7 15:48:07 BST 2010

> Anyhow, I would use the currentChanged signal if you're interested in a single
> currently highlighted item, or activated if you connect to more expensive /
> interruptive operations that should be more explicitly activated.

Thanks to everyone for the explanations. I'm starting to grok what is going on.

One followup question to your response. I can't find a "currentChanged"
signal, only a "currentChanged" slot. Clearly there is something I am not
understanding. I overrode QAbstractItemView.currentChanged because that is
all I could find. In my code, I emitted my own signal. Is there in fact a
"currentChanged" signal, and if so, how do I connect to it?

thanks,
Danny