[PyQt] selectionChanged or currentChanged in QTreeView

danny shevitz at lanl.gov
Wed Oct 6 21:57:10 BST 2010

Howdy,

I have a QTreeView and I want to tie a dock window properties editor to the
currently selected node. This is a pretty standard paradigm that I can't find
in any of the samples.

There seem to be two methods: selectionChanged and
currentChanged that I could override to send out a signal. I can't quite
figure out the difference between the two methods. Can anyone please explain
the difference?

I'm intending to emit a signal in my override, but is there a more standard way
to do this (change the contents of the dockwindow to reflect the selected item),
such as a built-in signal to connect to?

thanks,
Danny