[PyQt] PyQt support for Qt 4.7

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Mon Oct 4 22:35:02 BST 2010

On Mon Oct 4 14:07:52 BST 2010, Phil Thompson wrote:

> Current PyQt snapshots have full support for the Qt v4.7 API.
>
> The only thing left to do is full QML support (aka a working port of the
> minehunt demo) where you can use QML for the GUI and Python for the
> application logic.

I briefly looked into qmlRegisterType() and thought about what would be
required to allow new QML types to be implemented in Python.

I was thinking that it would also be useful to be able to register other
custom types with the meta-object system, using qRegisterMetaType(), beyond
the general PyQt_PyObject type, but perhaps an initial solution for QML
wouldn't need to be that generic.

David